2020-11-05

Louise Glück



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunset


My great happiness

is the sound your voice make

calling to me even in despair, my sorrow

that I cannot answer you

in speech you accept as mine.


You have no faith in your own language.

So you invest

authority in signs

you cannot read with any accuracy.


And yet your voice reaches me always

And I answer constantly,

my anger passing

as winter passes. My tenderness

should be apparent to you

in the breeze of summer evening

and in the words that become

your own response.


………………………


日落


我強烈的快樂來自

聽到你呼喚我的聲音

就算在絕望中;我的悲哀是

我無法回覆你

以你認定我該有的口吻


你對自己的言語沒有信心

所以你把權威

託付給你完全無法

正確解讀的符碼


但你的聲音仍然

傳達給了我

我也不斷回覆你

我的怒氣像寒冬過境

過去了,我的溫柔

對你應該很明顯,它展現

在夏夜的微風,在你

自我應答的文字


 

…《野鳶尾》(The Wild Iris) ,陳育虹 譯

 

Save

No comments:

Post a Comment